Apply for Grants to Support Scottish and Irish Gaelic Language Communities
Foras na Gaeilge provides funding through the Colmcille Projects Scheme to help applicants foster a relationship between Scottish and Irish Gaelic language communities and to strengthen Scottish and Irish Gaelic through this relationship.
- Deadline Friday 20th October 2023
- Projects in 2024
- An upper limit of €12,000/£10,800.
Grants are awarded with public money, and Foras na Gaeilge has statutory duties to ensure the value for money of all funded projects.
Foras na Gaeilge recommends applicants seek joint funding for projects, when appropriate, and to cooperate with other organisations in order to achieve the best value from the Foras na Gaeilge grant.
– Projects which will add to these strategic themes outlined in the Colmcille Strategy:
- The arts and media
- Heritage, environment and cultural tourism
- Learning of Irish and Scottish Gaelic
- Language planning, partnership and community development
– Initiative planning with a partner in Scotland, or in Ireland if the applicant is a partner in Scotland
– Simultaneous translation or other arrangements, if appropriate, so that Irish and Scottish Gaelic can be used at the same event
Workshops or training
– Travel, accommodation, subsistence and fees necessary to complete the project and which demonstrate value for money
– Any other activity which would be necessary in the opinion of Foras na Gaeilge and agreed in advance with Foras na Gaeilge.
Deadline for applications: 20 October 2023
Full details available here: https://www.forasnagaeilge.ie/funding-schemes/colmcille-projects-scheme-a-2024/?lang=en